The Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre’s children’s wing features an indoor playground, program rooms, and a child-minding room.
Ages up to 10 years
Peak times: 10am-2pm. Only 1 adult will be allowed to accompany each child so that we may accommodate the playtime of as many of our "Biggest Little Fans" as possible.Admission: child full access admission applies. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Admission is free for supervising adult(s) (indoor playground only).
Enjoy our drop-in indoor playground where children can climb, slide, balance and roll in a spacious room full of tyke-sized play equipment. Regular children's admission will be charged for the indoor playground. Children must wear a wristband so they can also enjoy other applicable areas i.e. swimming or kids drop-in programs.
- Parents/guardians must supervise their children.
- Socks are required to be worn at all times in the Indoor Playground, please ensure you bring socks for you and your child to wear.
- Admission to the indoor playground is included with a child or family admission annual pass.
Please pay the cashier to receive a number for playground admission. Admission to the indoor playground is included with a child or family admission annual pass. For child and family rates, see zone access, multiple facilities access, and all facilities access. Hours and prices are subject to change without notice.
Kids Den (child minding)Ages newborn to day one of grade one (up to 11 yrs evenings and Saturdays).
The Kids Den, a drop in babysitting service, provides a fun and safe place for your children to be active while you enjoy your own recreational pursuits.Child minding is available for up to 2 hours for patrons of the facility.
You must remain in the facility while your child is in the Kids Den, and a cell phone contact is required.
Parents / guardians are required to complete a registration form, which are located in the Kids Den (child minding room).
- Please remove muddy or wet footwear. Indoor footwear is required at all times.
- Please bring socks for your children as they may play in the indoor playground.
- Bring appropriate items for your child's care during their stay.
- Please no nut products.
- Children's belongings need to be labelled.
- If your child is ill, please keep them at home. Staff have the right to refuse entry if they feel your child is ill.
April 2 - June 30, 2013
|Mon, Wed & Fri||
|Tue & Thu||8:30am-1pm|
|Mon, Tue, Wed & Thu||4:30-8pm|
Closed on all holidays. Hours are subject to change without notice. Call 311 to confirm hours.
Multi-Hourly Pass (10 hours per pass)
All rates are subject to change without notice. Contact 311 for more information.
What Activities are Available for the Children?
- Physical activities
- Music and songs
The Kids Den follows the guidelines set forth by the Alberta Government for drop-in daycare centres. These ratios are:
Newborn to 12 months
12 months to 19 months-old
19 months-old to 3 years-old
3 - 4.5 yrs
4.5 years and up
The staff reserves the right to turn away children to maintain staff to child ratios and safety in the room.
For more information:
Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
2051 Leger Road NW
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311