The Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre children's area features an indoor play space child-minding services.
Indoor Play Space
Ages newborn to day one of grade one.
Open 8am-8pm daily
Our drop-in indoor play space is for children up to 6 years of age, offering a challenging and fun environment in which to play and explore. Parents/guardians must supervise their children.
Admission: Regular children’s admission applies. Upon receipt of payment, children will get a wrist band so they can also enjoy other applicable areas such as the pool.
- For ages newborn to day one of grade one .
- Parents / guardians must stay in the play area with their child(ren). The indoor play space is not staffed.
- Please ensure you bring socks for you and your child to wear. Socks are required to be worn at all times in the indoor play space.
- Please pay at the front desk prior to entering the play space. All children will receive a proof of purchase (i.e. wristband/stamp/receipt/etc.) upon payment.
Kids Den (child minding service)
Wear them out while you work out!
The Kids Den is a drop-in child minding service for customers of Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre. While your children are having fun in the Kids Den, you can enjoy your own recreational pursuits in the facility. You must remain in the facility.
A registration form is required, available at the cashier desks or in the Kids Den room.
Note: Kids Den at Commonwealth will be closed for summer, starting June 21 and will recommence in the fall. Kids Den will still be available at Terwillegar Recreation Centre and Kinsmen Sport Centre during this time.
HoursApril 2 - June 20, 2013
|infant - day 1 of grade 1||Thursdays||8:30am-12:30pm|
|infant - 11 years||Mondays - Thursdays||5:30-8pm|
|infant - 11 years||Saturdays||8:30am-2pm|
*These passes are transferable to all Kids Den locations. Other Kids Den locations include Kinsmen Sports Centre, and Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre.
Note: Prices are subject to change without notice and only apply to the Kids Den. Drop-in spaces are subject to availability.
What activities are available?
There's a wide range of activities for children including:
- Physical activities
Child to Staff Ratio
The Kids Den follows the guidelines set forth by the Alberta Government for drop-in daycare centres.
Those ratios are:
|Newborn - 12 months||3:1|
|12 months - 19 months||4:1|
|19 months - 3 years||6:1|
|3 - 4.5 years||8:1|
|4.5 years and up||10:1|
The staff reserves the right to turn away children to maintain staff to child ratios and safety in the room.
- Child minding is a first-come, first-served drop-in service for customers using the Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre.
- Adults dropping off children are required to stay within the facility unless participating in an outdoor program (i.e. strollercize). A cell phone contact is required.
- Child minding is for ages newborn to day one of grade one.
- Child minding is for ages up to 11 years (evening hours and Saturdays).
- Please sign-in and sign-out each child.
- Please remove muddy or wet footwear. Indoor footwear is required at all times (shoes for Kids Den and socks for possible activities in the indoor play space).
- Bring appropriate items for your child’s care during their stay.
- Please no nut products.
- Children’s belongings need to be labelled.
- Maximum time for each child is 2 hours per visit.
- If your child is ill, please keep them at home.
- Staff have the right to refuse entry if they feel your child is ill.
- The staff reserves the right to turn away children to maintain staff to child ratios and safety in the room.
For more information:
Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre11000 Stadium Road
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311