Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Centre
Completed in 1915, the Edmonton Drill Hall was a military training site for the Department of National Defence until 1977. Over the years it was home to several regiments, including the Loyal Edmonton Regiment, as well as a number of corps including signal men and medical personnel.
Ownership of the the Prince of Wales Armouries (as it was re-named in 1921) was transferred to the City of Edmonton in 1982 and it hosted a variety of organizations and community groups like the Cadets and the Edmonton Food Bank. After much consideration of its future, the City began renovations to create a new home for the City of Edmonton Archives inside the old drill hall.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the exhibits in the public areas of the building. There is no admission fee, parking is free and there are several bus routes nearby. Currently, the Gun Scuplture by Wallis Kendal and Sandra Bromley is on display on the Prince of Wales Armouries concourse.
Find out about the Soldier Through Time Camps!
A building within a building, located within the former drill hall of the Prince of Wales Armouries.
See how the Edmonton Historical Board (EHB) advocates on behalf of Edmonton’s history.
Find out about rental opportunities at the Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Centre.
For more information:
Prince of Wales Armouries
10440 108 Avenue
For Facility Bookings
For General Inquiries
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311
|Fax||Facility Rentals: 780-496-8747|