Canada Day at the Muttart Conservatory
Date: Sunday July 1, 2012
Cost: Regular Admission
Celebrate our nation’s birthday with a visit to the Muttart Conservatory. Enjoy live music, Canada Day crafts, face painting and family fun. Search the pyramids for Canadian symbols, build a structure with Bricks 4 Kidz and enjoy a slice of cake. Stop at Muttart and take in our patriotic celebrations this Canada Day.
- Take a Tour - Our knowledgeable public interpretation staff will be taking guest on tours of the pyramids throughout the evening. Join in on one of the “Some Like it Hot” tours at noon, 1:30pm, and 3pm and learn something new during your visit.
- Bricks 4 Kidz - Drop into a classroom and try your hand at building a structure with the team from Bricks 4 Kids. Your little ones will love the opportunity to explore, construct and create.
- Live Music - Let Peter and Mary entertain you as they play a mix of lovely & lively music throughout the facility during the whole event. The Cosmopolitan Music Society’s Summer Band will be playing a fantastic mix of full and grand music. Cosmopolitan Music’s performances will be at 1pm and 2:30pm. Get in the groove and take in a little live music this Canada Day!
- Face Painting - The fabulous “Purple Team” will be creating Canada Day themed masterpieces for our guests. Go for some glitter or take home a patriotic maple leaf!
- Canada Day Cupcakes - Take a tasty bite out of a mini Canada Day cupcake while supplies last!
- Canadian Symbol Scavenger Hunt - Children can search the pyramids for symbols that represent our nation and go home with a small prize.
- Canada Day Craft - Make your own Canadian keychain to take home or give away as a Canada Day Gift.
- Learn About Composting - Master Composter volunteers will be on hand to teach guests all about the world of compost! Ask any compost related question you might have and create a compost tea bag to take home.
- Diamond Jubilee Display & Book of Well Wishes for the Queen - Send your well wishes to the Queen and find out about her 60 years as Monarch to the throne.
For more information:
Muttart Conservatory9626 - 96A Street
If you are outside Edmonton call: 780-442-5311