Tegler Discovery Zone
Drop in anytime during nature centre hours. Regular admission applies. View Hours & Admission
Climb a birch tree and hang out underground in a squirrel's midden. Get busy as a bee with our live bee hive and build your own flower to pollinate. These are just some of the things you can do in the Tegler Discovery Zone.
This new indoor play space re-creates local wildlife habitat in a way that allows children to learn about nature through play.
Crawling and climbing structures are designed for children up to age 10, although all ages are welcome to explore the rest of the Tegler Discovery Zone.
Discovery Zone Guidelines
- Area is for ages 10 years and younger.
- The Tegler Discovery Zone is not staffed. Adults are required to stay in the play area with their child/children.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the play space.
- Socks must be worn in the Tegler Discovery Zone. Bare feet and shoes/sandals are not permitted.
- Please be aware that there are multiple ages in the play space.
- Based on attendance, staff may limit access to the play space.
- In case of emergency please contact the front desk for assistance.
Tegler entrance (91.95KB)
Running around (107.27KB)
Birch trees (107.24KB)
Beaver dam (90.35KB)
Play slide (112.79KB)
Hang out spot (104.43KB)
Honeycomb - bee hive (93.55KB)
Indoor playground (99.25KB)
For more information:
John Janzen Nature Centre
Whitemud Drive & Fox Drive
Shared parking lot with Fort Edmonton Park
For more information, program registration, school and group program bookings call 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311