At the Edmonton Valley Zoo we have tailored programs to entertain and engage groups of all ages. Whether your posse wants to head down to the zoo for a safari, a sleepover or to come nose to nose with some enchanting animals OR if you are interested in having the zoo come to you... we offer the right program!
Information for Booking Your Group Programs
We require a minimum of 1 month advance notice for bookings.
For more information about all of our group programs, see Group Information Packages.
Please be prepared with the following information to make your booking:
- name of the program
- potential dates for your program (2-3 minimum)
- school mailing address including postal code
- telephone and fax numbers for your group
- contact name and names of group leaders for all groups being booked
- email address(es) of group leader(s) booking/attending the program
- number of children attending
- number of supervisors (see Group Size section for information on permitted numbers of supervisors)
- special needs/accessibility arrangements
- location and address for travelling programs
- name and phone number or cell phone of on-site contact person for travelling programs
- The maximum number of children permitted in a program is 30. Groups exceeding 30 children must book an additional program.
- The maximum number of people permitted in a program is 40 (including adult supervisors). Groups exceeding 40 people must book an additional program.
- Adult supervisors are admitted free of charge with the program in the following ratios:
- 3-4 years: 1 adult per 3 children
- 5-12 years: 1 adult per 5 children
- 13 yrs and up: 1 adult per 10 children
- Adults are required to remain with their group and supervise participating children at all times during the program.
- Additional parents and children/siblings (exceeding a total of 30 children or 40 participants) will be asked to pay facility admission fees and tour the facility on their own. Additional participants can re-join the group after the registered program ends.
- To ensure a high quality program we recommend that all children participating in a program be within the age range advertised for the program.
How to Book
Email: the bookings office
Phone: 780-442-1442. The bookings office is open 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
Group ProgramsSeasonal Programs at the Zoo
- Old MacDonald's Farm (May to August)
- Zoo Sleepover (September to April)
- Be a Zookeeper
- Endangered Species
- Fur, Feathers & Scales
- Nosy Noses
- Tail Tales
- Zoo Safari
- Amazing Animals
- Animal Explorers
- Animal and Environmental Conservation
- Animal Visit
- South American Safari
- Special Event Display
Group Information Packages
Information packages for all our group programs (2012-13) are available online.
Group information packages contain important information regarding your program including:
- Details of the particular program
- Program learning objectives that tie into curriculum goals
- Program preparation and arrival/departure procedures
- Onsite experience details
- Payment and cancellation procedures
Program Fees & Payment
Fees vary by program and season. Fees include gate admission. We welcome and encourage groups to plan time before and after the program to enjoy the zoo on their own.
The amount owing is shown on your program confirmation. Payment is required prior to the program.
Invoices are mailed out by the City on the 1st of the month. As you are required to pay your invoice on the 1st day of the month before your program, you will be mailed your invoice before your program runs. For example, for a June booking, you will be mailed your invoice on May 1.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Please have cheques made payable to The City of Edmonton, and write your booking confirmation number(s) on your cheque(s).
- Payment can be made at the facility, by calling 311 or by mail to Community Services Payment Processing, PO Box 2359, 14th Floor CN, Edmonton AB, T5J 2R7
- You are required to provide written notice of cancellation of your programs via email at email@example.com.
- If a program is cancelled and is not rescheduled within the same school year (Sep. 1 – Aug. 31) at the time of cancellation, a fee of 50% of the cost of the program will be charged.
- The cancellation fee will not be waived if notice of cancellation/rescheduling is given less than 2 weeks of the scheduled program.
- The full program fee will be charged if less than 48 hours notice is given for cancellations or rescheduling.
- Programs run rain or shine. In the event of poor weather, you must call 780-442-1442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not coming.
- If you cancel due to weather conditions:
- you will not be charged for re-scheduling in the same school year (Sep. 1 – Aug. 31), or
- you will be charged a fee of 50% of the program cost per class if the program is NOT rescheduled.
For more information:
Edmonton Valley Zoo School & Group Programs
13315 Buena Vista Road (87th Avenue)
PO Box 2359
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2R7