Tour of Alberta
Stage 5, the final leg of the race, will start and finish in Churchill Square. Winding its way throughout central Edmonton, the excitement will be palpable as the cyclists race 11 laps over an 11 km circuit. Cheer on the world's best professional cyclists as they race to the finish line.
Date: Sunday September 7, 2014
Race start: 12:40pm
Race finish: 3:37pm (estimate)
Start/Finish: Sir Winston Churchill Square
Best places to watch the race
- Sir Winston Churchill Square - Start/Finish Line
- Bellamy Hill
- Alberta Legislature Grounds
Tour of Alberta Edmonton Festival
The Tour of Alberta Edmonton Festival will feature local culture, entertainment, food and fun for the entire family. Visit the Subway Zone, the Budweiser Beer Gardens and take a walk down Autograph Alley. This is a great opportunity for fans to get close to the action and meet professional cyclists from around the world!
Date: Sunday September 7, 2014
Time: 11am to 5pm
Location: Sir Winston Churchill Square
Road Closures during the Tour of Alberta
The following road closures will be in effect. Motorists are urged to plan ahead to avoid driving delays.
Stage 4 Road Closures
Saturday September 6, from 11:30am to 12:15pm
- Wayne Gretzky Drive northbound, 112 Avenue to Yellowhead Trail
- Fort Road northbound and southbound from Yellowhead Trail to 66 Street
- Fort Road northbound from 66 Street to 137 Avenue
- Manning Drive northbound from 137 Avenue to Highway 28A/17 Street NE
Stage 5 and the CASA Family Ride Road Closures
Saturday September 6 at 6pm to Sunday September 7 at 11pm
- 99 Street, 102 Avenue to south of 103A Avenue
Sunday September, 7 from 8am to 11am
- 102 Avenue westbound, 97 Street to 103 Street
Sunday September 7, from 8am to 6:30pm
- Fortway Drive
- 102 Avenue, 103 Street to 107 Street
- 102A Avenue/103 Avenue, 97 Street to 103 Street
- 103 Avenue, 100 Street to west of 100 Street
- 100 Street, 102 Avenue to 103A Avenue
- 103 Street, 102 Avenue to 103 Avenue
- 107 Street, 98 Avenue to 102 Avenue
Sunday September 7, from 9:30am to 6:30pm
- Bellamy Hill, Rossdale Road to Macdonald Drive
- Grierson Hill
- Macdonald Drive, 100 Street to 102 Street
- River Valley Road, 105 Street to Groat Road
- Rossdale Road, Grierson Hill to Bellamy Hill
- Victoria Park Road, 116 Street to Groat Road
- 100 Avenue, 102 Street to 116 Street
- 101 Avenue, 95 Street to Grierson Hill
- 102 Avenue, 95 Street to 97 Street
- 95 Street, 101A Avenue to 102 Avenue
- 102 Street, 100 Avenue to Macdonald Drive
NOTE: Once the race has begun, departure from the downtown core for motorists will only be available via the Low Level Bridge, the James MacDonald Bridge or 97 Avenue. Please allow additional time for motor vehicle travel in those areas.
Parking will not be available along the race course from 9am to 5pm on race day. A number of meters will be hooded. Please obey all signs, as illegally parked vehicles will be tagged and towed.
Transit Detours & Bus Stop Closures
Some detours of Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) buses will take place during the event. Please visit TakeETS.com for details about specific routes that will be impacted. LRT service will not be affected.
ATB Financial Family Ride supporting CASA
Celebrate the Tour of Alberta and help to raise money and awareness for CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health. The Family Ride will depart from Churchill Square at 10am on Sunday September 7. Register as an individual, as a family, or as a corporate team at .
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311