Light the Bridge
Lighting the High Level Bridge
Thank you for your interest, but bulb purchases and dedication changes are no longer available.
Light the Bridge celebrates and builds community spirit in Edmonton. The bridge lights are a beautifying element to our cityscape, a symbol of pride for locals, and part of our Edmonton story. They can also be used to help represent Edmonton and share our story with national and international audiences.
Calendar of Special Requests
The City of Edmonton proactively fills the calendar to help recognize major events and cultural celebrations. Our aim is to reflect the diversity of people who call Edmonton home and our connection to the global community.
Citizens are invited to make requests based on the criteria outlined below. We strive to fulfill all eligible requests, but any confirmed request may be modified if a major local, national or international situation occurs.
If there is not a special request for a date, the bridge will be lit in a variety of colours. We strive to provide accurate info, but this is subject to change without notice.
|Jul 21||Taste of Edmonton||Green/Blue|
|Jul 22||Canadian Food Championships||Red/White|
|Jul 27||Jellinek Society celebratation of 52 years
|Jul 28||The Graves Disease Foundation of Edmonton 2nd anniversary
|Jul 29||Servus Heritage Festival, supporting the Edmonton Food Bank
Application Request Information
Applications must be not-for-profit, community-focused and received at least three weeks prior to the requested date. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received and are considered on a case-by-case basis using the following criteria:
- Support an event of national or international significance (such as Canada Day or Edmonton hosting FIFA matches)
- Support of a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit (such as Litfest or Oilers home opener)
- Support a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community or is related to community health (such as Rotary Club of Edmonton, Treaty 6 Day or Movember)
- Acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as the Royal Family or international civic officials) hosted by our city.
- Tributes or memorial requests may be granted for well-documented local or national figures or service members. The lights will complement existing City of Edmonton Protocol for these events.
Multi-day requests will not be accepted. The City of Edmonton reserves the right to deny requests that are mainly personal, private, political or commercial in nature.
If you would like to make a request to change the High Level Bridge lighting colours, please submit an application to the Civic Events Office, a minimum of three weeks prior to the requested date.
Starting at 11pm Canada Day, 2014 and then every night after that, 365 days a year.
It will change with the seasons. The bridge will be lit when it starts to get dark, and will turn off late in the evening. The City of Edmonton sets the hours.
The City of Edmonton, Civic Events Office.
No. Since the bridge is not a solid surface, there is nowhere for words to appear. Also, we don’t want the bridge to turn into a billboard.
Thank you for your interest, but bulb purchases are no longer available.
Check the website at www.lightthebridge.ca.
For More Information
Civic Events Office
P.O. Box 2359
Edmonton AB T5J 0K1